Dr. Ankrehah Trimble Johnson is a native of the Black Belt, born a premature infant in Livingston; but was raised in Marion, Alabama. She is the daughter of two school teachers and her father is a Baptist pastor.
EDUCATION and ACHIEVEMENTS
- Graduated with Honors from Francis Marion High School
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia
- Taught middle school Science at Sunshine High School in Newbern, Alabama
- Post baccalaureate training at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Illinois
- Medical degree from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Member of the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member of the Mineral District Medical Society
- Board Member of the Industrial Health Counsel
- Sub-investigator of multiple research studies
- Volunteers at Sewing Seeds of Hope in Marion, Alabama
- Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated
Because of her love for Alabama, she returned for her Family Medicine Residency at St. Vincent’s East Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama. She has special interest in the mentally challenged.